Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mike's Pick of the Year 2006

Credit for this one goes to my friend Rich. On Sunday we were trying to decide on our album of 2006. Last year's album was definitely Relient K's MMHMM (Even though it was actually released at the end of 2004), but this year there weren't any clear winners. So instead I have compiled a number of other categories which are listed below. I might add some more as I think of them but in the mean time feel free to add your own list of favourites from the year in the comments.
Here are my favourite things from 2006:
  • Album of 2006

    As I said there were no clear winners. These two did stand out for me:
    And the closest to winning would be this one:
  • Movie of 2006

    Cars (Disney/Pixar)

    This was a clear winner for me. Especially considering what a let down I thought it would be. I remember seeing the trailer for Cars before the Incredibles and feeling my heart just sink. We eventually went to see it just before it closed its run here and I was amazed. Great story, great cast and above all a fantastic looking movie. A real Pixar classic.
  • Website of 2006

    BlenderNation

    There are many good sites out there, but BlenderNation stands out as my favourite. The site is constantly updated with tutorials, improvements, plug-ins and other interesting links, mainly aimed at a Blender users but useful for any 3D designers. Definitely my favourite for the year.
  • Christian Event of 2006

    Casting Crowns Concert

    There wouldn't even be this category if it wasn't for this event. I cannot express how much I (surprisingly) enjoyed this concert. It was so refreshingly real. I'm really not into any Christian worship bands, but Casting Crowns have such a different approach to what they do. It gave me a real sense that Christianity isn't about expensive equipment and overhyped anthems, there was no need to have an AWESOME experience - or feel left out if you missed it. Great band, great concert.

1 comment:

Brian the Lion said...

Definitely Further Seems Forever.